As a way to celebrate Water Quality Month, Frannie is taking the Groundwater Pledge to show her commitment to groundwater conservation and protection! Frannie would like to invite you and your troop to take the pledge with her! Send in video or photos of you taking the pledge here.
The Groundwater Pledge:
I believe clean water is important to all living things.To get you all started with practical ways to live out this new pledge, Frannie wanted to share some ways you and your troop can protect groundwater!
I pledge to:
Be aware of activities that can be harmful to groundwater
Do my part to help protect groundwater and all natural resources
Make an effort to educate myself and others about water and ways that we can make a difference.
Let's keep it clean!
- Use fertilizer according to package directions.
- Reduce, reuse, and recycle!
- Take hazardous waste to places where it can be properly disposed.
- Shut water off while brushing your teeth.
- Run full loads of dishes and laundry.
- Check for leaky faucets and have them fixed.
- Water the grass during cooler hours of the day and only when the grass needs water.
- Sweep your sidewalks and driveways rather than rinsing them with water.
- Take a shower instead of a bath.
- Take short showers and use an aerator or low flow shower head.
- Take motor oil to a recycling center.
- Use environmentally-friendly cleaning products.