1. Groundwater is the water found in the cracks and crevices in the sand and rock below the earth's surface in formations called aquifers. True or false.
2. About how many Americans use groundwater for drinking water?
3. Out of all the freshwater in the world, minus the polar ice caps, about how much is groundwater?
4. The groundwater down under... The largest known aquifer, covering about 660,000 square miles, is the Great Artesian Basin in what country?
5. How many feet of water would the groundwater in the Ogallala Aquifer cover all 50 states with?
a. 1 foot
b. 1.5 feet
c. 2 feet
d. 2.5 feet
6. Surf's up dude! Which state uses the most groundwater in the United States?