Using natural products for cleaning is an inexpensive and environmentally-friendly alternative to using harsh and potentially toxic cleaners. Using natural products helps protect the environment for fish like Frannie by decreasing the demand for harsh cleaners and also decreasing the pollution from production, use, and disposal of these materials.
Here are some common environmentally-friendly cleaning ingredients and what they do:
- Baking soda - cleans, deodorizes, scours.
- Lemon - antibacterial.
- White vinegar - cuts grease, removes mildew and odors.
- Cornstarch - can be used to clean windows, polish furniture, shampoo carpets and rugs.
- Rubbing alcohol - disinfectant.
This week Frannie is going to make a super simple, natural cleaner for the wood floors in her home. Follow along with Frannie!
Here is what you'll need:
- A bucket or bowl
- Equal parts vegetable oil and vinegar
- A measuring cup
- An old rag
Here's what you do:
Share the steps you take to utilize natural products in your home to protect and conserve groundwater!