Frannie is going to get her local Groundwater Guardian team involved in her clean-up efforts!
Here's what you need:
- Plastic gloves
- Wading boots
- Trash bags
- Sun protection - sun screen, hats, sunglasses, etc.
Here's what you do:
1. Be sure to read through and follow The Groundwater Foundation's Safety First rules.
2. Make sure everyone has on proper attire (appropriate shoes and gloves for collecting debris and trash, sunscreen, etc.).
3. Pair up participants in teams of two or more.
4. Provide each team with gloves and trash bags.
5. Divide up into adult-supervised groups and start collecting trash from the banks and shoreline.
For more fun:
- Separate the items collected into recyclable and garbage piles.
- Weigh the items collected!
- Make the activity a friendly competition. Who can find the oddest or most surprising item? Who can find the biggest or smallest item?
Send photos of your clean up activity to The Groundwater Foundation!