Want to learn why Frannie is doing an upcycling project this week? Check out the Upcycled Clothing Pin Snowflake Ornament blog here.
This Week's Project:
3-D Hanging Hearts
Frannie is getting so excited for Valentine's Day, she loves giving her friends Valentine's Day cards. This year Frannie wants to give out handmade cards. She decided to upcycle some of the cardboard in her recycling bin to create hanging hearts!
- Cardboard or paper (works best with heavier paper)
- Crayons, markers
- Single hole punch
- String, ribbon, or pipe cleaner
- Use scissors to cut two equally sized hearts out of your cardboard or paper
- Next, cut a straight line halfway through the middle of your first heart (starting from the top)
- Take your second heart and cut a straight line halfway through the middle of it (starting from the bottom)
- Feel free to color or write messages on either side of the hearts with crayons or markers
- Using your single hole punch, punch a hole in the middle at the top of your second heart
- Loop your string, ribbon, or pipe cleaner through the hole you just created
- Finish your Valentine by sliding your hearts together using the lines you cut