Here's what you need:
- Aquifer map and/or an aquifer model
- Canvas panels (recommended 5" x 7") or large sheets of paper
- Oil pastels or acrylic paint
- Paint brushes
1. Use the Aquifer in a Cup activity to learn what an aquifer looks like and how it works. Identify the different parts of an aquifer using the graphic below:
2. Set out the canvas panel or a large sheet of paper, paint, and paintbrushes.
3. Now, pretend like you are a water drop that lands on the ground and seeps into an aquifer. Paint what you see as the water drop. Get as creative as you like!
4. Be sure to share your masterpiece at home with your family. Share what you know about groundwater and how to protect it!
Send pictures of your paintings to firstname.lastname@example.org.