Did you know that 60-70% of the human body is made of water? It is important to drink water everyday to stay healthy and happy. We can only live about three days without water. All living things, including Frannie, are made up mostly of water.
Here's what you need:
- Crayons, markers and/or colored pencils
- Ruler (optional)
- Large roll of paper (optional)
- Sidewalk chalk (optional)
Here's what you do:
1. Use the human outline or create your own by tracing an outline of each Girl Scout either on the large paper or on cement with sidewalk chalk.
2. Divide the outline you are using into 10 equal parts.
3. Color in 7/10 of the outline. 70% of the human body is made up of water.
4. If you used the outline provided, use scissors to cut out the figure to display. Discuss with your Girl Scout troop the importance of water for all life. Fish like Frannie need water to live in, we need water to drink, and plants need water to grow. How else is water used?
Share pictures of your Girl Scout troop doing the Water Inside Us activity!